Boxes, boxes, boxes! Start collecting early—you'd
be surprised how many you'll need.
• For clothing, best to purchase large garment
boxes (about $15 each). They have sturdy crossbars across the
top so you can hang your suits, dresses, coats, etc.
• Clear plastic bags are great for small stuff
and you can easily identify their contents.
• Packing Tape—you can't have too much. Don't
forget to tape the box bottoms.
• Masking tape is excellent for labeling or securing
covers around larger items.
• Twine or sturdy cord for tying
up cords and boxes and framed items.
• Labels help you and the movers unload boxes to
the right room. Use colored labels to instantly identify each
box. And don't forget the markers.
• Foam peanuts, newspaper, paper towels or bubble
• Small tools, like hammer or screwdriver, for
• And a notepad to record and color-code what you
packed. Keep this with your important documents.